8.07.2008

Day 5- Thurs July 31

Today I helped mortar a wall at the Missionary Training center in Chivida. It was tough work but everyone gave 110% all day! Maybe it was cause it was our last day of construction...who knows but we were all motivated. We fought through the pain and heat...the sweat was crazy! I was determined to do my best for God today. Leave nothing in me, but leave everything in that place. It's absolutely amazing what people can do when they are joined together by Christ. I am reminded that a string can easily be broken when by itself, but when bound together with 3 or more it cannot be broken easily. That really describes this week- we pulled it all together as a team-not as individuals. We all had a hand in everything we did and said, and we did it for a common purpose. I know that many cannot see the immediate results of our labor but in years we will be able to know that in Juarez and Chivida we made a difference we truly were chosenby God to serve together in one place. Praise be to God for the wonderful friendships that have been formed and for the work we accomplished this week, we did it ALL with His unending love and support.
Although tomorrow is our last day here I am excited to know that one day I will be rejoined with the GI staff, the Life Challenge staff and the Miami team when we are all sitting in awe at the feet of Jesus.
This trip has taught me so much about myself and the things that I can accomplish when God is in Control and when I give Him all the control. I know there will be many challenges with returning to a "normal" life, yet when God is in control He will take these challenges from me. And quite honestly I will never have a normal life again, I have seen too much poverty and brokenness in this place.

No comments:

Mexico 2008

Mexico 2008