8.07.2008

Day 6- Fri Aug 1st "Picture This"



As I write this I am sitting atop a mountain sitting next to a cross high above the city of Juarez. the view is absolutely amazing and breath-taking. Yet beneath all the beauty that I can see, throughout this week I have witnessed a broken city, a broken God, and broken people. I can't help but think that when God sees His people that His heart just breaks for those people-His children. We are all God's people- it doesn't matter what we look like, where we come from because in God's eyes we are beautiful simply because He loved us so much to send His son to die for us. This group of people that are around me right now have learned to live together and serve God together and that's what it is all about-stepping outside of your comfort zone to serve the people- God's people. They are just like you and me yet they struggle to make a way in this world, yet we have everything we need and more. I have learned this week how to live on basics. I don't need all the extra stuff- that's just extra blessings from God. Yet thinking about the people of this amazing city. I have so much respect for them because they have nothing yet they have everything. I have been so blessed to be able to come here and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If I have touched one life then I have made all the difference. This has been an experience I will never forget, as I leave this place tomorrow I am leaving a piece of my heart, and Juarez has left an impression on my heart- and I will always remember to lvie the basics of life. I encourage you to do the same---


We truly are a CHOSEN people- we were put in this city for a reason and we accomplished what we set out to do.


I have never put so much effort into anything in my life- I am glad that I put 100% in everything I have done this week.


SI SE PUEDE!!


Yes, you can do it!


As you face challenges in life always give your best for God because He gave us His best in the form of His son who died for us on the cross!!! and besides "you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength."

**the rest of this post was written later in the afternoon after the mountain hike**

After visiting and climbing the mountain to view this amazing city we went to the indoor market. It was a little marketplace where you can barter for merchandise. It was quite an experience, the people had beautiful merchandise and I spent quite a bit of money but got beautiful things. We had lunch at a place that the GI team is very familiar with-and it was delicious food. Then after the market we returned to the "Las Tapias", we had a final debriefing and then had to clean and pack to get ready to leave tomorrow. Tonight was a night of last. Last time to see the kids at Centro Victoria, last night at Las Tapias. It is bittersweet. I don't really want to leave, I don't feel like my work is done yet it is. I definitely see myself returning next year and making a huge difference!





No comments:

Mexico 2008

Mexico 2008