8.07.2008

Day 7- Saturday Aug 2

"Final Day- Departure"
So this morning was a little surreal. It doesn't seem possible that I am on this plane right now heading back home. I would love to still be with the gang from Miami and the crazy yet very loveable group from Global Infusion. It's amazing how difficult it was to say goodbye to everyone- yet we will see each other again one day.
Just a recap on the day so far-
woke up had a yummy breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes!! thanks Hannah and Jonathon).
Then we took a final team picture. The morning was going smooth but there was a little bump in the road (before we even got in the vans)...apparently the key to the trailer was lost at some point during the week so Jonathon and Matt had to use a powersaw to take it off. It was quite a sight... We left after loading the trailer and vans up. Larry was now our driver-and he made quite an exit that wasn't quite so smooth...but it was awesome!!! Water splashed everywhere!! We had one last dirty mattress chant together. The morning didn't seem like it should be happening-but it was-and we made it through. We arrived at the airport with no glitches-well almost. The red van overheated...almost, but Jonathon saved the day. The line was long to cross the border- but that was good cause it gave Adrian time to come up and chill alongside the van... We eventually got across the border with no problems. As we crossed we prayed for the white van who had to be pulled over cause they had the trailer and it needed to be inspected. As soon as we got done praying and said "amen", Liz got the call that they made it through with no problems! God is sooo good! Larry had everyone where his hat and take a silly picture-what a crazy and fun way to end this trip!
The goodbyes at the airport were tough-we grew so close to everyone and they have deeply impacted my life. I know when I see little reminders I will laugh and reflect on this trip and remember all the people who came together to serve our God in a mighty and powerful way.
As we were in line for security checks I could have sworn I heard the GI team singing "na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye..." So appropriate...
We sat at the gate and soon I realized that our departure time had come and gone, so I went up to investigate-apparently the place was having smoke in the cabin from the A/C system, so the flight was canceled. I promptly began talking with an agent who made sure we would make our connecting flight to Philly... and I was clear that I wanted our luggage to arrive there with us. (it did) While standing near the gate Kacie, Liza and I kept hoping that by chance the GI staffers would start walking down the hallway. We joked that we'd probably start jumping up and down to tackle them in the hallway. We got bummed when the airline announced that anyone making changed due to the canceled flight would need to go down to the ticket counter to make alternate arrangements, but we already had tickets... It meant that we would have been able to see them once more-but God had everything in Control.
Although our trip has ended the memories will never ever go away. I was so blessed to be with such an amazing group of people- I can't wait to start planning my next Global Infusion trip.

If I could describe the Global Infusion staff with a phrase or word it would be:
Larry: crazy, heart on fire for God, loving man..
Liz: dedicated to His service, amazing woman of God, trusting, encouraging and supporting
Summer: Funny, motivational-kept me going when I wanted to give up
Felipe: Serious yet joyful man of God, dedicated to serving God throughout the world
Danielle: serving God with all her heart and havingfun doing it

GI Staff, if you happen to read this-
Thank you so much for being dedicated to spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ throughout all the world. God is going to bless each and everyone of you. Thank you for showing me how to serve His people and having fun while doing it. You are all an amazing group of people and I hope I can join you on another GI trip soon
You guys are the best!! WE LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!!

No comments:

Mexico 2008

Mexico 2008