8.09.2008

What God has taught me since I have been home!

So it has been a week since I left Mexico. I will be the first to admit that this week was tough. I missed the team and the kids very much, and would find myself looking at the clock thinking about what I did the week prior at that particular time. I also spoke alot of spanish...I would be talking and would just blurt out something in Spanish. The kids at work thought it was funny, but it made me just want to be there more.
Mexico has definitely left an impression on my heart. God has been speaking to me alot lately. Last Sunday in church I had to stand and share a little about my trip. As soon as I stood up and began talking, I began to cry. Those of you who know me, know that I am NOT a cryer...at least in front of people. Yet there I was tearing up and not being able to talk...but God gave me the strength to speak and share what He wanted to be shared. I don't even remember exactly what I said, so I am buying the tape of the service so I can hear what words God put into my mouth.
After church I had many people tell me how well spoken I was...all I could say was that God gave me the words...because for me there are no words for me to describe the trip...and the pictures just don't do it justice. I have posted the pictures from my trip onto my myspace page along with a video I have made. The video is a big thing for me, I created it as a Thank-You to all the people who have supported me financially. It is my way of showing them the work I did so they can see the money they invested went a long way. I put alot into the video, I think I changed it 6 times... and have finally figured out the right layout for it. I stayed up late Sunday night to create it...I think I only got maybe 2 hours of sleep, then jumped up to go to VBS at my church in the AM. So worth it...
I returned to work on Tuesday to the cheers of the kids in my class... As I walked into the classroom to go to the kindergarten room to see a certain little monkey I got mobbed at the door. They were so excited to see me, which helped make me feel a little better. But then they started chanting my name, and that brought back a ton of memories from Mexico. It was good though, it showed me that I have made a difference in their lives. Everyone had a lot of questions about my trip and I answered them as best as I could without mentioning the name of Jesus or God. Which was hard because that was the purpose of the trip.
God has showed me that I have a heart for missions. I have decided to begin looking for a job in a school district so that I can have summers off. Why you may be asking...not because I don't love my current job, but so that I can spend my summers doing missions work. I want to spend more time devoting myself to spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ. God has opened my heart to the brokenness of the world, and I can't just sit back and let the passion in my heart slip away.
So please pray for me as I search for a job in a school district that will allow me to do more for Christ. I am totally stepping out in faith and praying that God will guide me in this decision.

No comments:

Mexico 2008

Mexico 2008